FOOD SAFETY COMPLIANCE SYSTEM (FoSCos)- A new system launched by FSSAI –which is effective from 01.06.2020. This the best initiative taken by our Government for the best utilisation of the services provided by FSSAI in regulated manner.
- This new system has replaced the existing Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS).
- FLRS has been used since 2011.
- Earlier application for getting Food License has been made on
- Till date, FLRS has issued 70 lakh licenses/registrations.
Features of FoSCos:-
- It is a cloud based, upgraded new food safety compliance online platform.
- It is a single window system where all facilities are available at one point of time.
- It has been integrated with FoSCos Mobile App.
- It saves lot of times while doing compliances regarding Food Safety.
- In coming days, it will soon also integrate with the present following IT Platforms of FSSAI :
- It will enable the GPS location tagging facility.
- It will also capture the picture in near future.
- RFID will also be utilised to ensure transparent and accountable extension field services such as inspections and sampling.
- It increases the Transparency & Accountability which is most important now days to boost the confidence among people.
- It will also integrated with other GOI’s platforms such as GST,PAN,MCA etc., to ensure a 360 degree profiling.
- It will smooth the whole procedure of licensing, registration and compliance without taking so much time and in easiest way.
- Intially, following services will be offered by this new system:
- Inspection, &
- Annual Return.
- Helpdesk facility is also available to clear the doubts and redress the grievance which is called “Licensing Help Desk”.
- Grievance Holder may also contact FSSAI Helpline No.
- Doubts may be send at this Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
or the initial launch of FoSCoS wef 1st June, 2020, States/UTs of Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Goa, Delhi, Odisha, Manipur, Chandigarh, Puducherry and Ladakh have been selected.
Ques: Is any modification will require by the existing license holders after launching of this new system?
Ans: Yes, All manufacturers holding valid FSSAI license shall be needed to modify their license to choose from the available list of standardized products before 31st December 2020. Intially, it will not require for modification, but after sometime modification have to be done.