1. Maximum permissible period of pre and post shipment of credits increased from 1 year to 15 months
2. Rs 15,000 crore to EXIM banks
RBI allocates Rs 15,000 crore to EXIM banks to avail US dollar swap facility. This will have a rollover facility to up to one year.
3. RBI extends the three-month moratorium
- The loan moratorium will be extended till August 31 2020.
- This makes it a six month moratorium
- Lending institutions are being permitted to restore the margins for working capital to the origin level by March 31, 2021
4. Policy announcements
- Improve functioning of markets and market participants
- Support exports and imports
- Relief on debt servicing
- Steps to ease the financial constraints of state governments
5. Monetary policy transmission has improved
An improvement in passing on a lower rate to borrowers has been noticed across various business segments.
Combination of fiscal, monetary, and administrative measures will help economy revive in the H2